5 Ways to Spend A Weekend in Hanover
As summer heats up, it’s time to step out and enjoy all that the neighborhood has to offer. Combining the quintessential charm of a New England town with plenty of fun activities, Hanover is the perfect place to spend weekends. Here are a few fun ideas for your next outing.
1. Hornstra Farms – Located just 10 minutes away in the nearby town of Norwell, Hornstra Farms has been a family-owned and operated business for over 100 years. The farm includes a store, open year-round, that carries the same farm-fresh products that Hornstra Farms offers on their home-delivery trucks. Their seasonal Dairy Bar is also open through October and serves handcrafted ice cream to visitors. Stop this weekend to enjoy the rich history of the farm and cool off with their delicious ice cream.
2. Boston Bowl Hanover – Who doesn’t love a little competition? A strike at Boston Bowl Hanover is just 3 minutes away. DW Brewpub, located inside the bowling alley, offers a menu that has something for everyone. Make sure to stop by the arcade before you leave!
3. Starland Sportsplex & Fun Park – Starland Sportsplex & Fun Park is the largest sports facility in New England, with competitive activities such as laser tag, bumper cars, and mini golf. The facility offers three different pass options to maximize the fun while minimizing the price.
4. Derby Street Shoppes – Get some shopping done this weekend and head over to the Derby Street Shoppes in Hingham. With 65 stores and restaurants, the Shoppes are a perfect place to spend the afternoon. Derby Street is pet-friendly and hosts local events and speaker series. Perhaps the hidden gem at the Shoppes isn’t shopping at all – but instead Hidden Pond. This escape is located behind the Whole Foods Market and is the perfect place to pack a picnic and enjoy a summer day.
5. Pottery Playce – Originally founded in 2004, the Pottery Playce is a paint-your-own pottery studio for artists of all ages. The Pottery Playce offers adult only classes, as well as activities that everyone can enjoy. Visit on Sundays to take advantage of Friends & Family Day, where the entire family paints for just $12 (limit of 5 family members).
With summer in full swing, you can spend quality time exploring all that the area has to offer – Hanover has it all!