Say goodbye to winter…and hopefully your winter mess too!
After all, a clean, organized home can almost make you feel as good as this spring weather.
We can’t help you with the dirty work, but we developed this checklist to enure your home is in tip-top shape. Grab your gloves, open your windows, and blast your favorite music because it’s time for some spring cleaning!
After a long winter, your house has picked up a lot of dust, germs, and clutter. Everyone should do some spring-cleaning, especially if you suffer from allergies, asthma, and other breathing problems. Just think about the bacteria, dust mites, and dirt that has found a home in your rug!
Be sure to tailor these steps to your own home, so every corner of every room is clean.
- Dust! (Ceiling corners, baseboard, lights, fans, bookcases, windows)
- Vacuum or wash window curtains (beware of hiding dust)
- Clean windows and mirrors
- Shampoo carpets
- Clean air vets
- Touch up paint
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- Eliminate all unnecessary items from all rooms
- Disinfect – doorknobs, clickers, etc.
- Wash drapes, linens and sheets
- Degrease cooking appliances
- Wash all surfaces
- Sweep fireplace
Your home’s exterior deserves just as much attention as the inside, especially since it has braved the elements all winter. Whether you are getting landscape help or doing it yourself, be sure to wash away the winter salt and set up your outdoor furniture so you can enjoy the sun.
- Hose down porch and/or any outside bricks or flooring
- Wash outside furniture
- Replace any umbrellas, cushions, etc. that are not in the best shape
- Clean and set up grill
- Clean out gutter
Now that your home is clean on the inside and out, think about adding some seasonal décor to bring a lush springtime atmosphere to your place. We’ll leave the checklist up to you, but we recommend picking up some fresh flowers from Hanover’s Ivy & Olive’s on Broadway to brighten up your dining area, throwing a few fun, colored pillows on your couch, and visiting our neighbor Furniture Consignment Gallery for some fresh new accents.
Be proactive with our tips. After all, our warm-weather season doesn’t last very long! Once you complete our spring cleaning checklist, your home will feel happy, healthy, and more refreshed!